What is a Website?
A website is a collection of related web pages, including multimedia content, typically identified with a common domain name, and published on at least one web server. A website may be accessible via a public Internet Protocol (IP) network, such as the Internet, or a private local area network (LAN), by referencing a uniform resource locator (URL) that identifies the site.
Advantages of having a website for your business
A business website is more than just a home for your business. Though you already have an existing office, but it is more likely closed after office hours. You are losing more potential customers in that way. That is why majority of businesses focus on having their online presence that is accessible to the public from where potential customers or clients can find info and details about their business and products to offer.
Here are just some of the benefits of having a website for your business:
- 24/7 Access to info and list of products/services of your company – It is like having a front desk officer ready to entertain customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week… with no break!
- Branding – It helps to build your brand faster
- Inexpensive advertising – unlike print and media advertising, it is more inexpensive but can more powerful and effective.
- Increase in customers – Your business will not be only seen by your neighbors but can reach global popularity.
- Virality- How would you like to see your business or product being shared in social media? We all know the power of social media sharing